Thursday, November 24, 2005

when life was carefree and so much fun

Lately I begin to wonder if I really am growing old. My bro does, when I ask him to lower the volume; when I prefer pubs (ok, its only Tavern) than nightclubs - thats the only place I can listen to my kinda music! And then I have this fleeting glance at the old pics and memories just gush in. Of 3rd class ordinary sleeper travels from Cal to Bombay and then a journey to Goa (we even had a serious accident then), all 20 odd of us. Of more travels across the country during college days due to the aiesec conferences, of travels abroad alone. The first time I was alone and travelling abroad was in my 1st year of college and Switzerland it was for an aiesec conference; thats how I figured out that boots could break due to ice! There's just too much to talk about here.

Progga's bag flying out of the train just before we pulled into the station. Xanthe, the Australian trainee who went missing for a few days. The dance in Helsinki city centre inspite of the rain. The cruiseship from there to Stockholm. Meeting people online after years through business networking sites and it seems no one really noticed that! Friendships they say are struck quickly, it takes a lifetime to forget them though. Quite sad that now all of us are absolutely spread all across the globe and we end up catching up once in a few months by mail or a phone call. Quite sad I say. But C'est la vie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home