Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Partying with Madonna

Just got my hands on the album...I can't get enough of it. Madonna had said this album was just gonna be about dance and thats what it is. I read a few reviews where people have blasted the album as not a true 80s disco album and that it does not come close to tracks like Holiday, Ray of light, Music etc. I think they haven't understood the sound of this album or the fact that you can't make a 80s album in 2005. Madonna worked with Stuart Price (producer/mixer/DJ) to give a new sound while borrowing from her past as well as the 70s and 80s. You will find shades of herself alongwith Abba, Pet Shop Boys, Donna Summer, Depeche Mode, Erasure, Kylie etc. The result of which is a different sound - part disco, part techno - you can damn well shake your bootie to this - its in the beat!
Madonna said, "I made a lot of political statements. But now, I feel that I just want to have fun; I want to dance; I want to feel buoyant. And I want to give other people the same feeling. There's a lot of madness in the world around us, and I want people to be happy."
Thats the basic objective of this album. Shut up and dance. The diva has reinvented herself yet again! Madonna rocks with this one! Have a listen.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Best wishes of the day

November 16, 2005 3:56 AM  
Blogger Prerona said...

Happy Birthday Maverick!

November 16, 2005 6:58 AM  
Blogger Prerona said...

Could you please mail me if poss - I have lost ur email id. Sorry :(

November 16, 2005 6:59 AM  
Blogger maverick said...

@Saint: Thanks buddy...glad you remembered.

@Prero: Thanks a lot.

November 16, 2005 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home