Thursday, November 10, 2005

The path more travelled one...

...is Hosur Road. My life unfortunately revolves around it, it being the only road to work. And if you have kept up with my usual rants, it takes me an average of 2 hours to travel on this 10 km stretch one way. And it forced me to change my office timings to a 7am to 4:30am schedule.

That said, guess how long it took me today to get back? 15 min.
No I'm not kidding! The news I got was that some European President was in town and was visiting the Infosys campus (thats THE tourist site in Bangalore for the ignorant). As such Hosur Road was adorned with atleast 100 policemen (I have not even seen so many in Bangalore...and that too working in perfect unison waving all cars on - like the spectators in a F1 race). So i wondered why? Few reasons I thought were - usually they don't let any car to stop for fear of assasination, and how could they show Bangalore clogged-up due to traffic? No can do. Arre humara shaher ekdum rocks...we have wide open spaces...you can drive at 80km/hr (maybe the lower limit at a European motorway) etc etc is something someone must have been telling the President. FDI here it comes!

So basically, President (the European one) ki jai ho! Infosys ki jai ho! Har din ek president aa jaye iss shaher mein...too cool this city and Hosur Road are gonna become! Someone suggested elevated roads and trains? C'mon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home