Sunday, November 20, 2005

The perfect Sunday...well almost!

Its been good this weekend, sporting-wise. India came up trumps against the Springboks. Man Utd rode a Rudd brace to slam Charlton and give us a long-shot title hope!

Woke up late today and found there was no water in the house. The landlord had put in a mechanism to stop the overflow in the tanks, and forgot to wire it to the pumps. So the early morning rituals were completed with mineral water...how crazy is that? Maybe quite hygienic. Well whatever. So armed with a huge whiff of deo all around I met up with Dibyo, Anda and Belph for a morning brunch at Mojo's. It was damn nice actually. They give you eggs, bacon, sausages, mashed potatoes with white/brown bread for Rs.60. Nice. Beer was called for and we wolfed the food down and ordered for some appam and stew and then some chicken thingy to eat with some dosas. Burp!

Then we headed to see Harry Potter at PVR. I am seriously disappointed with the film. Its just does not do it for me like the Lord of the Rings. I saw LOTR after I read the book cover to cover and Peter Jackson made it come alive almost like all of us visualised it to be. But the last couple of Potters have been poor - this one had poor editing, scenes which were of no consequence, just does not follow the book. And no offence but Radcliffe is not a good actor; Rupert Grint (Ron) and Emma Watson (Hermione) do far more justice to their characters. Maybe he will surprise me in the future.

And yes, I got a set of 12 shotglasses as a gift. Always wanted them and now I have them. Yippiee!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Prerona said...

strange co-incidence! i got shot glasses for my birthday too

November 20, 2005 6:27 PM  
Blogger maverick said...

@ prero: I need to get my bar re-stocked now.

November 24, 2005 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home