Tuesday, January 24, 2006

That feeling again...

I hate colds and I caught one on my way back from Delhi. Have been down since Monday. Sneezing, coughing, running nose, the works basically. Been on my wonder drug - Azithral - 3 tabs of 500 mg over 3 days, or 2 of 250 mg per day (12 hr interval). It helps you by the second day and I'm back at work for sometime today.

My colleague's mom passed away this morning. So we would go to her place in sometime. It was quite shocking. I had called her to tell her that I would be going to the city office today and I heard her sobbing on the phone; she telling me that her mom passed away this morning. I was shocked and I'm always at a loss for words during these situations. All I could say was take care. I haven't figured out what's the best thing to say during these times. All I know is that you need to be with people during their bad times, not being with them during their good times is not such a big deal. Whether we accept it or not, however strong or weak we are, we need people around us, specially during a personal loss. Words are good. Presence is better.

On a less serious note, I have finally managed to sync up a few videos on my iPod and they are of quite good quality. A P2P opens up the world to you. Next in line are couple of dvd-rip movies to go in specially during a Blr-Mum or Blr-Del flight. Kingfisher was quite good, but I wasn't too happy with the in-flight entertainment. The programs are on a 1 hr loop and the same across all sectors. So what you get on an outbound flight is the same on an inbound flight. Boring.

Booked my tickets for Rang de Basanti for Sat night. That movie should be better than the trash I have been subjected to lately. Zinda was ok, an overdose of violence, gore. Bluffmaster was ok again, figured the plot out by the interval. I wanna see Matchpoint. Dunno when's its gonna reach here. Anyone seen it yet?

2 Comments:

Blogger Prerona said...

dont u feel confused btwn that and whether u shud leave hem alone t such a personal time ... i'm always torn btwn the 2

January 24, 2006 11:54 PM  
Blogger maverick said...

while i do not go overboard with chatting and quizzing while i go to meet people, you might notice that they themselves want to talk about it. sharing a personal loss makes it easier than to sit all alone. i think u need to cry and/or talk and get it out and then keep it cooped up.

January 25, 2006 12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home