Friday, December 16, 2005

Travelogue: London - the journey and some more

So it was. Got my flight from Bangalore to Mumbai with my baggage through to Heathrow. I was set or so I thought. Flight to Mumbai arrived at 2:30 and I was cooped up in the Transit lounge till 6:30am. I tried sleeping but could not. So ordered cups after cups of black coffee. Watched an episode of One tree hill. Got my phone charged. Called dad. Then got the liquor. And boarded the Dash400 and went upstairs and settled down. The personal DVD player for the seat wasn't working so I decided to change seats (anyways the Sardarji next to me wanted to sleep and kinda suggested he wanted to be left alone - and I left him alone). As soon as I put in Kingdom of Heaven I fell asleep (I have the DVD back home and still haven't finished watching it, so says a lot eh?).

I woke up to a couple of aunties chatting loudly (after I slept for a couple of hours). Oh I so hate it. When people don't know how to speak in public - yes, even the executive class of the aircraft is public! She went on about her family, about them being 6 sisters, how one died in a car accident when she was 22, about her family in US, UK and India and about her son and what she wants in her bahu. Man!!! To top it all she tells the other lady, 'You know, you must be thinking I'm talking so much - 'main bas bolti ja rahi hoon' - but you know, I hardly open up to people. My sister in US tells me that I'm anti-social (eh? unsocial would still be acceptable) since I do not make friends fast. I'm very selective about choosing my friends. But we have clicked haven't we?' I just gave up! I think I was in the right place at the wrong time! Hmmmm.

Anyways, arrived at Heathrow. Nice chill in the air. Like it. My uncle picked me up and we headed straight to a pub. Got a Kronenberg and then a Guinness (I had missed having one of those for sometime now) with some ham and mustard sandwiches to go with them. Went to his office. He finished up. Went home. Handed out the gifts and stuff to him and my cousin. Happy! We just chatted while Simba (the golden retriever doggie) licked my face, hands. He's seen me after 3-4 years now. Then my aunt came in and we caught up. Called mom. She called back. Then went to Watford late evening. Got myself the new issue of Empire and a Vodafone pre-paid card. Am set. Fell off to sleep as soon as I got back home. Just had time to take my shoes off.

Am off to central London with my cuz, she wants to go to Carnaby street and I have to look for football jersies. More coming up...

1 Comments:

Blogger Dibesh Saha said...

Yesss, yesss...for me for me! I wants my precious. My precious footie jersies!

December 16, 2005 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home