Thursday, October 20, 2005

Yet another case of harassment!

My friend, Madhusudan has been running pillar to post for the last few days to get the insurance claim after his father had a heart attack and was then admitted to Sagar Apollo. And then, I get this from him yesterday. This is just the pits! Thievery Corporation is just a band, maybe it means more here. You decide.

----- Forwarded by Madhusudan Rajagopalan/TAS/Bangalore/ErnstYoung/IN on 10/19/2005 05:33 PM -----

Madhusudan Rajagopalan

09/27/2005 08:20 PM


To: info@icicilombard.com
cc: insuranceonline@icicilombard.com
Subject: complaint


Hi,
This is with respect to policy number 4034/BC/077642/00/000. I had taken a policy from 30-April-05. My dad suffered a severe heart attack last month. When I tried to avail the cash less insurance facility, the guys at TTK Bangalore said that there is no way I can claim it as cash less because the policy is new. I asked them what it meant, they said they suspect us of cheating them. I said isnt that why you have a 30 day no claim policy, they said this is over and above that for higher claims. They accused me of lying to them when my dad was in the ICU and said things like my dad would die of brain hammerioge and thinks like that. Finally since my dads state was critical, I told them that I will pay up and then claim, which they said they will consider. I took a printout of the claim form provided in the ICICI Lombard website and got it signed by the concerned doctor who treated him at Sagar Apollo, which is a reputed hospital in Bangalore. The doctor had clearly mentioned that he had no previous history of the problem and neither was it a congenital disease. 2 weeks after sending the claim form, I got a letter from TTK today saying we need documents in the form of previous consultation with the doctor at the hospital. When my dad said that this was the first time he had consulted the concerned doctor at Sagar Apollo, they accused him of lying. My dad is a heart patient and has to undergo a bypass surgery in about 2-3 weeks. accusing him of lying and suggesting that he had cheated etc puts him under much more stress than unnecessarily needed. If you cannot pay up the amount, please do say so clearly. it is your imperative to get the insured tested before giving him a policy, not ours. When you want to take the money, you dont ask questions, but when you have to part with it, you ask us a million questions. When the leading cardiologist of a reputed organization like Sagar Apollo has certified that the disease was not pre-existing, I find it extremely ammusing that the doctors at TTK healthcare go ahead and question not just my dad's but the doctors integrity. I would like to know whether TTK healthcare is a credit card company or a healthcare institution.

It is extremely painful that a company like ICICI is involved in such an incident, I have always taken travel insurance from ICICI Lombard whenever I have travelled abroad and from now I will ensure that I never take any product from ICICI Lombard. What you have done to my father is harrassment and mental injury.

Regards
Madhusudan Rajagopalan
Policy No. 4034/BC/077642/00/000

2 Comments:

Blogger Prerona said...

its a nightmare ya - chasing them. listen i didnt get ur mails. send another one? pls?

October 20, 2005 3:16 AM  
Blogger Prerona said...

the server is down :( what ur mail id

October 20, 2005 3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home