Sunday, October 16, 2005

weekend thoughts

After the last post I was on my way to see 'Flightplan'. Please avoid seeing it. Its an attempt of a thriller following up to the 'Panic Room'...not to be unfortunately. Story's wafer thin, you figure out what's gonna happen and when it happens it finishes with a whimper! What a damp squib! And to see Times of India giving it a 3 star...how??!!! I better not say too much eh, or i'd get some notices too as regards to someone taking offense to what I feel.

The whole IIPM saga has left a sour taste in the mouth. I refrained from posting on it because everyone (especially Kaps, Desipundit) else has actually done a pretty good job about it. But I was just wondering...I do not like banking with ICICI or Citibank (though I have a salary account with them) and I say that openly and have also written complaints to them regarding their services. Would I get sued for airing my opinions and telling everyone just exactly how I see it??? I hate a few clothing brands, I hate a few singers and people have gone on record to tell the whole world? Have they got sued? Don't think so. So how come IIPM is taking it so personally, especially if what they claim are absolutely true and what Rashmi/Gaurav has said is absolute rubbish? Another thought, if the same happened to any other institute, from the IIMs/XLRI/MDI/FMS etc etc, would they have got so worked up? I think they would have taken two options - refute the claims while giving the necessary proof and if they think it was just atrocious, they just wouldn't bother to reply. And I think the matter has now taken a new dimension with people thinking its a personal attack on students vs. bloggers. I do not think that was or is the objective. An article on JAM had come out. If it was untrue, IIPM should have just gone ahead and sued them or taken some legal action. Else, let people discuss the same. You shouldn't go meddling with people's lives and careers unless there is a certain justifaction to doing the same!

On another note, looks like the World XI is just not upto it, inspite the glimmer of hope early this morning, after the Oz XI folded up for just 199. While its a good concept, its gonna be a difficult product to sell in the coming years if the World XI capitulate like this every time. Maybe a 20-20 version is a better option?

Man-Utd won yesterday after a shaky start, with Rooney, Nistelrooy and Rossi in the goals. Mark my words, this Rossi guy is gonna stir up the defences in the near future...give him another couple of years. Rooney and Rossi are gonna be the first team regulars. Chelsea on the other hand ripped apart Bolton with a 5-1 win.

Here's some good stuff I picked up:
Woman countersues RIAA
Google is trying to make their IM like Trillian
In case you were wondering how to export or convert videos for the video i-pod, here's how

I knew I was forgetting something! How could I not post about Daniel Craig??? For the still-ignorant he is the new Bond...James Bond. I had seen him last in Layer Cake, which was a Brit drug movie done pretty well. Reactions are coming in thick and fast, but my take on this is that while I do not have anything against the colour of the hair, Craig somehow doesn't come off as a Roger Moore/Sean Connery/Pierce Brosnan kinda Bond...he's more Timothy Dalton..and he didn't last long right? I would have preferred Clive Owen with Ewan McGregor as the second-fave personally. We will wait and see on this one!

1 Comments:

Blogger Prerona said...

why whats wrong with my template now?

October 17, 2005 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home