Thursday, April 06, 2006

Rs. 500 cess on air-tickets

This is what I've been reading. I think this is absolutely crazy. On a low fare tik, you pay the aiport tax. If you now add this cess, you would have a 20% increase in fare. What's the use of low fare tickets then? But the more important factor is why always take money from the public? Where are the funds from the state and central budget which should be allotted to civil aviation? Moreover, even if they impose a cess, considering the thousands or millions that travel everyday, isn't Rs. 500 per ticket quite over the top? The funniest part is I don't know where the money goes. We pay 2% on education cess. Yet, when I visited a local school, the money comes from local companies. Show me the money!!! And they talked about the Right to Information Act!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home