Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Spring Cleaning

Frankly, it feels more like summer than spring with the mercury soaring in this city. I've been under the weather a little for the last couple of days. Must be the heat outside and the office air-conditioner inside. So got myself a running nose and a cough as a result. Decided to pop in a pill and stay home and nurse the cold yesterday. Feeling a bit better today at work.

Last evening was nice. A nice breeze brought in some pitter-patter of raindrops which kinda cooled down the city a lil' bit. Heard it rained a lot in other parts of the city. It inspired me to clean up my cd collection which was gathering dust since I got my mp3 players. I do keep buying CDs but rip them off to the laptop and then onto the player immediately. So for a change I cleaned the cases, put in a Sarah McLachlan cd which I had bought in Singapore for a spin. Heard it for sometime, then put in the OC mixes. I still like the first volume - good indie bands who got big due to the show.

Revisited Fifa Manager. In my 8th season there. Torres is giving me joy with 23 goals in 24 matches. Van der Vaart, Messi, Diego are playing well too. Played till the battery said 'lemme-go-now'.

Switched it off and as I waited for the Champions League qualifiers to start, started surfing channels till I got to Discovery Travel and Living. Watched a nice piece of travel around Japan - how the country is crazy abt technology but is also quite keen to retain its spiritual part too. Add to it the natural beauty of the country. I wouldn't mind travelling there but felt language was a huge barrier if you travelled out of the big cities. But quite sure it would be a good adventure. Some day then!

The Gunners somehow managed to sink the Yellow Submarines. This is their first ever final and can they do a Liverpool this year? And if they do win will they like Liverpool appeal to be a part of the teams to play Champions League next season - as they don't look like making the top 4 in the premier league. Liverpool's precedent would be hard to look away from now. What's UEFA going to do now? If I'm correct they made an exception, they didn't make it a rule for winners to qualify (or play the qualifiers) for Champions League directly.

Friends are in town. Would be dinner outside tonight and the scotch at home. Fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home