Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Rang de V

Dhoomketu had posted his review of V for Vendetta and so had Dibyo. I just got back from watching it in imax (this is not an imax movie) and while I agree that the movie is well made, I feel its like a firang Rang de Basanti. Its the same old people vs. governement fare topped up by blowing the British parliament (Bhagat Singh threw a crude bomb in the assembly didn't he?). Like Daljeet (Aamir Khan) and company Codename V is inspired by(?) and emulates a martyr, in this case Guy Fawkes.I think some of the graphic novels are better off as graphic novels. Else the novelty might wear off. The ending is quite lame and is a superb cliche!!! It just fails to beat the ending of The War of the Worlds.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gaurav said...

Same pinch. Exactly what i wrote on my blog. :)

April 12, 2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger maverick said...

@gaurav: thanks :)

April 12, 2006 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you not an iMAX movie

April 13, 2006 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home