Thursday, March 09, 2006

Rewind

When I was a kid, in junior school, both my parents used to work. At the Kolkata Airport. If I remember correctly, my dad's times were erratic (still is, in Toronto). But Ma used to get in by 6-7 pm. By then I was up from my nap (I used to get home around 3pm) and was at the stairs waiting for her. The first thing I always asked was 'Ki anto?' Translated to 'Ki enechho' or 'What did you bring?' And she always had something for me. She knew I loved books - actually I loved the bookshop in the airport. And my regulars were Amar Chitra Katha and the Hardy Boys. They were the beginning. Have moved on since then. I remember the first Hardy Boys I got - The Pentagon Spy! :) Quite impressed I remember the title. I long to have a house of my own where I can finally stack all my books nicely. Some are in Bangalore, most in Ahmedabad lying packed in boxes, some in Toronto I had given Ma to read. Am also getting scared of my dvds - running out of space to keep all of them. Hmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home