Sunday, March 05, 2006

CRASH-ing the party!

Crash won the best motion picture!!!

Well almost everyone thought Brokeback Mountain was going to sweep the Oscars. But I had been rooting for Crash since I saw this and wrote this. Crash tied Brokeback and Memoirs of a Geisha for 3 Oscars each. But what was nice was that both Brokeback and Crash won Oscars for screen play, adapted and original respectively. I always believe that the screen play is the basic foundation of a great movie. Its all in the words. And my close friend and budding author vouches for the same. Actors are mere mortals who make the words immortal. For the complete list of Oscar winners, click here to go the official Oscar website or go to the imdb site here, where you would get links for each movie and actors. And as I said before, if you haven't watched it yet, now would be definitely a good time to do that.

I did pick up a few dvds yesterday and March of the Penguins (winner of best documentary) and Goodnight and Good Luck are among them. Will write about them after I finish watching the same. And yes, after years of hunting I finally managed to buy 'Stand by Me'.

:)

4 Comments:

Blogger dhoomketu said...

Ai,
Aamiyo oi movie gulo dekhbo... Please weekend-er jonno wait koro!!
And High Fives on Crash!

March 05, 2006 11:03 PM  
Blogger maverick said...

:) u gettin here on friday? mail me. news from mama?

March 05, 2006 11:06 PM  
Blogger Prerona said...

Hey - I loved Stand by Me - You mean the movie? Its fab, na?

March 06, 2006 5:20 PM  
Blogger maverick said...

@prero: yep, loved it. simple but complex at the same time. pity River had to die so soon. i didnt know he played the young Indy in the Last Crusade.

March 06, 2006 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home