Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Bienvenue au Canada Part 1

30th June:
Left Bangalore in the evening with SpiceJet. Do not think I'm gonna fly with them again. First of all this is the only airline that calls passengers to tell them that the flight has been preponed. And then when the flight finally leaves its more than an hour late. The security guard at the security check entry said, "Sir, please do not go inside. You won't be allowed to come out then. And the morning's passengers have just left." I was shocked. More when the flight landed at Pune...it jumped like a Hummer tackling the Dakar Rally roads...my ass was actually in the air for sometime!!! The air-hostesses/stewards are young and pretty but have very poor diction...so please do not strike up a conversation with them ever!!!

1st July:
Took off from Delhi finally a hour behind schedule. Don't complain with my free ticket. Bernoulli's theorem was seen in close proximity. It was raining and cloudy and a lot of turbulence, as a result of which you could see the flaps cutting through and the airflow as a result through the streamlined flaps. I never noticed that ever...wasn't that bad weather ever too. The flight wasn't that bad...but too damn long. Birmingham came and we (my dad's boss's daughter also in the same flight) chilled in the executive lounge for a while before we were off again. I picked up my copy of the new Empire magazine as usual. This time around i was too tired...so no more personal TV and music and books. Just slept. Had finished Hari Kunzru's 'Transmission'...didn't find it too great...was ok ok. When I got to Toronto I looked like i had just got outta my bed. Funny enough, the arrival area ran out of trolleys/carts...so i was sitting with my baggage for nearly an hour before my dad's colleague suggested we use a wheelchair and get the luggage out to the shuttle. So finally after landing at 9pm...I was home close to 12am. Bienvenue au Canada!!!

2nd July:
Didn't feel the jet lag. So was up on my feet at 5am...everyone else was sleeping so switched on my laptop and caught a few episodes of 'One Tree Hill'. Then later in the morning we headed to see the house (where we are to shift into). Quite nice! (More headaches to follow...) Then we were off to Square One (a pretty huge mall close to the new house which reminded me of the one on Harrow on the Hill in London)...time just flies in there and I ended buying a pair of shoes for myself and a pair for my bro. Then my fave double cheeseburger from burger king happened. I was happy. And then it set in...the jet lag...i couldn't keep my eyes open. Unfortunately we were invited to a family friend's house for dinner. So had to make it...was quite good actually as i downed a Canadian and Coors Light just like that and felt much better. Pretty good beers i thought..a little light so goes down fast. I'm still waiting for a Guiness here...i just love that! Pulkit (son of a family friend's was down and me and my bro chatted up with him to get the lowdown on games, sports, tech in toronto). Actually most of the people I have met have been quite nice. Hope the trend continues. Went to sleep close to 2am.

3rd July:
Just slept. :) Too tired. Had set my alarm for 7:30am for the F1 race which I saw and then fell off to sleep again. Ferrari is not looking too hot...Alonso's gonna win the championship. Federer won again...how can no body take him to 5 sets...I so miss Becker and Edberg...no more serve and volley players anymore.

4th July:
Went to UFT and York for my bro's admissions with Sangeet. He's been here for 5 years now...pretty chilled out dude. Thanks to him we got a ride to York and then took the TTC bus and subway to UFT. Was fun to walk around Downtown to Yonge street. Ended up at Eaton Centre. Must be the biggest mall I've seen...close to the Takashimaya ones in Singapore. Have to go back a few more times to cover Yonge...its supposed to the longest shopping street in the world. I know my wallet's gonna be pretty light by the time I leave here. Will have to get back to SAM to get a few deals for sure. Its the oldest record shop in the city.

More to follow...

1 Comments:

Blogger Progga said...

I see from your blog that you're traveling, old chap! Too bad. Mail me... and let's see when we can catch up. I'm leaving Bangalore next week, but back end August / early September - you here then?

P

July 07, 2005 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home