Thursday, June 23, 2005

Play it again....

Sunil asked me sometime back to list my fave cover versions. So here they are (in no particular order):

UB40 - Cant help falling in love - (Original by Elvis)
JXL - A lil' less conversation - (Original by Elvis)
Travis - Hit me baby one more time - (Original by Britney Spears)
The Corrs and Bono - When the stars go blue - (Original by Ryan Adams)
5ive - We will rock you - (Original by Queen)
The Corrs - Dreams - (Original by Fleetwood Mac)
Guns n Roses - Knocking on heaven's door - (Original by Bob Dylan)
Smashmouth - I'm a believer - (Original by The Monkees)
Roxy Music - Jealous guy - (Original by John Lennon)
Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah - (Original by Leonard Cohen)
Aretha Franklin - Respect - (Original by Otis Redding)
Bus Stop - Kung Fu Fighting (Original by Carl Douglas)
Alient Ant Farm - Smooth criminal - (Michael Jackson)
Cake - I will surive - (Original by Gloria Gaynor)
The Counting Crows and Vanessa Carlton - Big yellow taxi - (Original by Joni Mitchell)
Sheryl Crowe - First cut is the deepest - (Original by Cat Stevens)
Mr.Big - Wild wild world - (Original by Cat Stevens)
The Byrds - Turn turn turn - (Original by Pete Seeger)
Joe Cocker - With a little help from my friends - (Original by Beatles)
The Fugees (Lauryn Hill) - Killing me softly - (Original by Roberta Flack)
Joan Jett - I love rock n roll - (Original by The Arrows)
CCR - Heard through a grapevine - (Original by Gladys Knight and the Pips)
Matt Pond PA - Champagne supernova - (Original by Oasis)
Lauryn Hill - Can't take my eyes off you - (Original by Frankie Vallie)

The Telegraph UK came up with their Top 50. I don't know if I agree with some of them there and can't understand how you can rank them (unless you measure airplays). More cover versions can be found here. I haven't listened to all to say if they make the cut. You be the judge. Leave your top 3-4 cover versions in the comments section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home