Monday, May 09, 2005

books, packing and no sleep

My folks finally left for Toronto early this morning..which I had to go home for the weekend to help in packing and stripping the house of all stuff. Packing was bloody hectic...slept quite less as I didnt imagine it would be done before all of us had to take our flights...but I guess after 11th hour management which a B-School guy thrives and takes pleasure in...it got done eventually...but not before my mom figured out that she had packed her shoes off and had none to wear...so she got on to the flight with the borrowed ones from the neighbour...hehehe...well you cant win 'em all can u?

Anyways in this 3-4 days I read three books:
1. John Grisham's new one....dun even remember the title properly...so says a lot about the book...read it only if u r stuck in an airport and choose it by mistake!!!
2. Lavanya Sankaran's - Red Carpet...picked it up as I had heard good things about it and the fact all of the stories are based outta Bangalore...I'd say some of them make good reads...the others are just about fine...dun remember them again...so u can guess!
3. Vir Sanghvi's - Rude Food...its one of the best I've read so far not in terms of the literature but it just flows and I can relate to most of the stuff he's speaking...ok maybe not the caviar and the choicest of wines...but can vouch for the Nizam's rolls!!! Pick it up when you can...it actually tells you that the Manchurian chicken is not from China...it just got invented in India...there's no place called Manchuria if thats what you were thinking!

So my weekend came to a close...waiting for the next two hectic ones...one in Coonoor and the other in Pune...none of which I've ever been too...should be good and more stuff to write on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home