Tuesday, March 01, 2005

city of blinding lights?

While I was touching down in Mumbai, coincidently I had U2 singing 'City of Blinding Lights' to me. Actually it was quite nice to see lights shimmering like fire-flies even early in the morning. I guess this is the only city in India where you can get to see so many lights so late at night. This is when I start thinking I should shift to this city. This city has so much energy and if you wait for a moment you feel you have been left behind. There's the hustle and bustle of a big city and the live-and- let-live philosophy of people. Its so unlike Bangalore where I feel the only thing that is good now is the weather (which is also testing everyone's patience). Traffic kills you in a different way. In Mumbai you might be taking time to cover huge distances, but in Bangalore a 20 km stretch takes you close to 2 hours to drive with the gears alternating between 1st and 2nd. Its just bumper to bumper. It has started to remind me of Calcutta which is not good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home