Thursday, August 24, 2006

ManUtd - Did you write them off too?

I was reading a post in Soccerlens sometime back about how Everyone want to kick ManUtd.
I couldn't agree with it more and I posted my 2 cents on Blogfc.

My point was, in the last few years ManUtd hasn't started well and had lost points to the lower placed teams. As such inspite of a spirited comeback at the end of the season, they seldom manage to overtake the leader. While the season is only 2 games old, the current team is playing some good football - better than the likes of Liverpool and Chelski. Liverpool are supposed to the prime title contender to Chelski this season - the bets have been revised in their favour. Their matches in the premiership and the champions league qualifiers haven't quite convinced everyone yet. And a lot us are happy that Chelski lost inspite of their star-studded team so early in the season. I'm sure Mour-the-Bore would have an excellent reason...erm 'excuse' actually. Maybe its all due to Ashley Cole not coming in and Bridge playing at left back. Whatever!

So while its way too early to predict a winner, the start looks promising and I guess all football fans would love to have a close finish at the end of the season. And we ManUtd fans have been waiting for the cup to come back to Old Trafford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home