Monday, September 26, 2005

Inzamam and cricket's ongoing rants

I was just reading this.
"At this stage of my career, I deserve respect and nothing else," said Inzamam. "I am not pleased at all with whatever has happened. Having played cricket with respect and distinction, I don't deserve this at the fag end of my career."
He was referring to the fact that either he plays both the test and the one day in the super series or none at all. So i did a little of snooping around. The person who comes in (as Sachin's replacement) is Dravid (one day squad); Inzy is still in the test squad (and he should be there). I compared their overall stats. What you get is little to choose, except for the fact that Inzy is no rabbit between the wickets, his fielding is suspect in the outfield and Dravid can cover for a wicketkeeper.

So my question is why does Inzy think he is bigger than the game? I would anyday pick Dravid in a one-day squad if the choice was between him and Inzy. So bugger off please!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home