Friday, June 10, 2005

A few movies...

Its been raining movies on DVD as well at the hall for me for the last couple of days...

Yesterday I did what I've been yearning to do for a long time...watched 'Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels' and 'Snatch' back to back on DVD. Inspite of having seeing ti so many times earlier...I just love watching these again and again..its just too much of the Guy Ritchie magic with these two...and yes btw I finally figured out what the fuck Brad Pitt was saying in Snatch thanks to the subtitles!!! And if you like Guy Ritchie please don't watch 'Swept Away'...watch 'The Hire:Star' which is amongst the BMW movies.

Today I caught on DVD, Kubrick's classic 'Lolita' finally. Its a masterpiece and am sure I wouldn't be the person who would have said it. John Mason and Sue Lyon are just amazing. While there is no nudity the whole movie is full of sexual tension which is pulled off amazingly well in the black and white backdrop.

The final movie of the day was 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith' at the hall. All I can say that I didn't go in with the hype...I told myself even if the movie is crap, Jolie would just take my breath away. While she did exactly that (now I know why Brad left Jennifer)...the movie is really good with the dry humour and gunfights and car chases and everything blowing up! If you saw 'War of the Roses' which had Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner define the term domestic violence this movie turns it up a few more notches....here they actually trade gunshots and bombs. But unlike Roses, this one doesn't end in tragedy...there has to be a sequel sometime down the line for sure!

So thats that for now...hope to catch Batman Begins next week..shall post how I liked/didn't like it. Atleast I'll go to see Katie...lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home